It's been a while since I sat down and did some serious writing. And, of course, by serious, I mean frivolous because I'm talking about writing fiction. I decided to start a new regime recently and it's very simple. When you get home, grab a glass of water, hang up your hat and then go and sit at the computer and write.
I'm not writing enormous amounts of text at the moment, only about 800 or so words a day, but they are far more words than I normally write. Better yet, a story idea that I've been sitting on for months is now several thousands of words along the way. I'm only writing until the current idea in the story is written down or, sometimes, until Quincy the irritating cat decides that walking on my keyboard is a useful thing to do.
I had a lot of story ideas at one point and I hope that I manage to get them back as some of them were almost completely worked up, and just waiting to be written down. Of course, sitting here, I can only remember one of them!
Monday, January 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment