There’s a lot of crap about how people can’t understand each other. That whole Mars/Venus bullshit. That whole bullshit, full-stop. When I met her, I didn’t know how to tell when she was serious about things or joking. And she joked a lot. But it’s like that spaceship that just crashed into Mercury… Messenger? Yeah, Messenger. It spun around Mercury and it watched and it watched and it sent back signals to Earth on radio waves. But what was hiding under the surface of Mercury changed the radio waves it sent back. So we accidentally measured the gravitational anomalies of Mercury while that cool little ship sent us message after message about things that we’d actually asked about.
So I watched and I listened and I looked for the messages under and in and through the messages because that’s what humans do, too. Not just men, not just women, but people. We have stuff under our surface and some of it’s important but we’re not going to dig it all up just so everyone can see it. Hell, some of it we can’t even see ourselves but it’s there. Boy, is it there. And anything big enough, it’s going to change the signal.
If you take enough time and listen hard enough, you’ll find out what’s really going on.
Messenger was four years at it before it crashed. I’m hoping for a lifetime.
No comments:
Post a Comment